Online learning modules for students (and parents!)
Australia has one of the highest incidences of skin cancer in the world and sun exposure during childhood and adolescence is a major risk factor. Sun protection is not ‘No Hat No Play’. While most of us are familiar with Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide, often young Aussies are not that great at effectively protecting themselves.
The Generation SunSmart online learning modules are aimed at students – but are also suitable for parents and any interested members of the public. The modules explain the what, why and how of sun protection, like the ‘burning’ questions of “Is a baseball cap OK?” “Do I need sunscreen in winter?” “If sunburn fades, why do I need to prevent it happening?”
- Suitable for students in years 5 and above
- Can be completed independently
- Generation SunSmart consists of 2 modules – skin cancer and UV radiation, and how to protect your skin
- Perfect for completion at home. Parents are encouraged to help and/or learn about UV and sun protection too, especially with younger children
- Email address is needed to log in
- There are several quizzes in the modules – you can’t progress until all the answers are correct
- Once an account is set up, the user can return to finish the modules at any time. User don’t need to complete the modules in one sitting
- An email is sent to confirm completion of the modules
- At the end of the modules, play the Shade Smart game!
To have a go at the modules, visit www.generationsunsmart.com