Cancer Council WA acknowledges your school’s commitment to ensuring that students, staff and your community are reducing their risk of future skin cancers.
To support your school, please share this exclusive member page with teachers, administration, school health nurses and parent groups.
Download the following SunSmart support resources:
- Sunscreen fact sheet – Share facts about how sunscreen works and key recommendations
- Media release– Announce your school as a SunSmart school with our media release template
- SunSmart newsletter tips – Share key SunSmart newsletter messages for families and the wider school community
- Letter to parents – Advise the school community on the sun protection policy at your school
- Sun protective hats fact sheet – Share facts about the importance of SunSmart hats
- Sun protection and children – Provide background information on the importance of sun protection in children and UV protection strategies
- Sunscreen tips for schools – Tips on how your school can incorporate sunscreen into the daily routine
- Funding shade – Helpful advice to fund shade through grants and sponsorship opportunities
- UV Widget – Download free UV widget to your school website to inform community of the UV index (example below)
- SunSmart Global UV app – Download free global UV app to obtain real-time UV levels for locations across Australia and the world
- 20% off Cancer Council sunscreen purchased through online shop (Enter SSRSM23WA code before proceeding to checkout)